Comparison with VisuMath 2.1
VisuMath 3.0 has been improved on several points compared to its predecessor VisuMath 2.1. The following list gives a brief overview and some remarks:
- A new parser (semi compiler) has been installed, making VisuMath 3.0 much faster.
- As a consequence of the previous, the accuracy of graphs in 2D has been increased. The minimal values should now be sufficient for most graphs, even the more complex ones.
- Most of the 2D drawing routines have been improved.
- The OpenGL environment for visualizing surfaces (3D) is completely new and offers much more capabilities than the older design environment. This environment, however, is still present, mainly for compatibility reasons.
- VisuMath is now capable of working with considerably more operators than the previous version, thereby expanding the possibilities. Take a look for instance at these projects.
- VisuMath 3.0 is capable of printing millimeter paper.
- The possibility of text input has been extended.
- One can now switch between English and Dutch immediately, and additional languages can be added if needed.
- VisuMath 3.0 uses English names for the built in operators, contrary to VisuMath 2.1 that had Dutch, resp. English names depending on the language version.
- VisuMath 3.0 uses a dot as decimal separator, regardless of the international settings of the PC.
- It should be possible to load VisuMath 2.1 vim-files directly into VisuMath 3.0. However, the program does not convert the contents with respect to the previous two points. So, errors can occur but can be fixed manually.